Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Lives of integrity

Is your heart's desire to live a life firmly resolved to serve God wholeheartedly and to resist the world's pressure?

It is mine, too.

I had no idea what to expect when I signed up for Beth Moore's Daniel Study.

All I can say is: Oh. My. Gracious!

You need to be here!

The whole first portion of the study talks about living a life of integrity, like Daniel and his friends, Shadrach, Meshak, and Abednego.

I'll just tease you with a few of Beth's one-liners:
  • We are called to be "culturally relevant but not spiritually irrelevant" in the "Babylon" of our culture.
  • We're never more tempted to be rude than when we think someone deserves it.
  • Backbiting is just as habit-forming as back-and-forth biting.
  • Is "putting our best foot" forward just another way of image building?
  • Loyalty is something we already were that surfaces in the test.
Each turn of the page challenges me to sharpen the convictions that shape who I am and my faith in God. It makes me realize again, if I have anything or can do anything, it's all because of Him. I want to live my life to Him glory, and say with Daniel:
Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever;
wisdom and power are his.

He changes times and seasons;
he sets up kings and deposes them.
He gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to the discerning.

He reveals deep and hidden things;
he knows what lies in darkness,
and light dwells with him.

I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers:
You have given me wisdom and power,
you have made known to me what we asked of you,
you have made known to us the dream of the king.

Daniel 2:20-23
Join us Tuesday mornings at 9:30 or Wednesday nights at 7:00 in Room 210.

It's not too late! For those who have missed the first sessions, there will be a makeup session this Wednesday, March 21 at 5:40 p.m. in Room 210. Bring your own dinner or grab your dinner downstairs, and we'll start with the first DVD.

No comments: